Chapter 11: building a virtual content empire to display ads on
So now you’re ready to build your content-rich empire and start raking in the bucks, right? Sure you are! You don’t have to be a great writer, you just have to know where to get good writing. And heck, it really doesn’t even have to be great. Just good.
Here are the steps you’ll want to take:
- Pick a domain name – this requires some thought, since even though it’s not as critical as it used to be to have a catchy domain name, it still matters to some users. Once you’ve picked one, check with www.web.com, or www.whois.net to see if it’s available. If your favorite choice isn’t available in .com format, consider being flexible and having it in .net, .biz, .org, or some other form.
- Reserve the domain name. Web.com and many, many others offer that service.
- Get web hosting. You’ll want to shop around on this one, since prices and services and terms & conditions vary greatly.
- Set up your new domain, including your e-mail addresses.
- Design your site, and start building pages.
- Get some content. If you don’t want to write it yourself, check out:
- www.elance.com to hire a freelance writer who will write articles for you. Browse project postings first to see what other people usually ask for these articles—they are very popular.
- ArticleSiteBuilder.com builds your article sites automatically!
- For good RSS feeds, check out:
- Sign up with Google AdSense
- Update content at least weekly
- Go to mailbox, get checks.
|« Maximize your click-throughs with placement||Blogging »|